4.09.2009

Primp and Proper Hardscaping








I've dug many paths and, while its in the spirit of nature and all that good stuff, I've realized, I'm not that natural. I bleach my hair, prance around in 5 inch heels and insist upon wearing makeup in the garden. Some may call this being shallow but I really don't give a crap. So, when I realized that my garden borders were becoming unkempt, I freaked out. I bartered my way into a pile of antique brick (in exchange for a website www.ggld.org), "put on my face", and began laying a path; a proper path with straight lines and structure. With my bare, slightly manicured hands, I'm laying a brick path that will ultimately stretch from my front step to the street (roughly 50 feet). My grandfather, Poppy, has been a brick mason since he was 14 years old so I'm hoping that I inherited some knowledge along the way. We'll see...


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15:35

    Looks good so far.

    GarlicMan76458

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, rad, thanks!!! I have no idea what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete