3.31.2009

Challenge: You have $5 in the World, What do you do?

Let's see...I have $5 to my name. I could go out for a beer, but I'd just want more. I could buy A grocery. I could save it (aahahah, right). I know, I'll make a sound investment in my future by buying seed potatoes! The 7 lbs bag was exactly $4.99 ($5.34 with tax so I had to scrounge up some change) but now I have a full-days worth of activity and hope for the future, all for $5. I cut the taters so that there is at least one good eye on each section, stuck them in a basket with damp newspaper (to prevent dehydration), and stored them in my closet till the wounds heal. Then, out to garden!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05

    Tax on potatoes? But its a food right? When I did mine I bought 5 lbs organic potatoes, ate some and planted the rest. They are coming up great, russet, red, purple and fingerlings, yum. I like your news paper btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, oops, I just realized that I have a relatively risque ad in my ole tater basket. "Boobs", that's PG Rated these days, right?

    ReplyDelete